Sunday, May 17, 2009

Houston, May 10-12

The original plan had been for P to fly back from Houston on Monday morning and then I'd drive back on Tuesday night after my training class. Fortunately we thought better of that and Southwest makes it cheap enough for us to change our minds at that late a date. Shorter trip than anticipated, but we'll be back soon enough.

We went to the original Ninfa's on Navigation St in Houston. It reminded us a lot of Joe T. Garcia's in Ft. Worth - an original house that had been expanded greatly as time passed and more and more people came to eat. It was excellent...I miss having Ninfa's in Dallas, but there just aren't any up here anymore.

Then Monday morning he took off toward home (with a stop for lunch at Breakfast Klub on the way out) and I went to my class. I had lunch at the Ninfa's in the Galleria (hey, we'd had most of a week's worth of Cajun food, it was time for food that tasted like home :) ).

A friend came and picked me up for dinner...we went to a place called the Grotto - Italian. It was pretty good. I had chicken with a mushroom - tomato - butter sauce and sent 1/2 of it home with her for her husband. We split a positively divine angel food + ricotta + strawberry dessert.

Tuesday night was dinner with another friend at Canyon Cafe...it was also quite good. I had a smoked chicken breast stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, and onions with some sort of sauce over the top.

1 comment: