Friday, June 12, 2009

NOLA June 6-7


This was a quick trip, flew out Saturday morning and came home Sunday night. It was fun! Hamlet the wonder-schnauser gave us a warm welcome at the airport and we were off.

Went through the pictures from my friend's Ireland trip...I was thoroughly jealous. Then we went and had lunch at La Petite Grocery. I do not believe they are capable of serving anything bad. It was fab, yet again. Then we went over to the Quarter. I had to run into Harrah's to earn a Total Rewards point so mine didn't expire, and they found parking and looked around the aquarium while I did it. Managed to promptly turn my $20 into $100 before I'd even earned my point, so I just had to keep playing, and walked out with $150. My friends promptly declared I was buying the drinks :)

We wandered through the Quarter, stopped in the So Good jewelry store. Lots of fun flashy inexpensive stuff there. Went and got a round at Pat O'Brien's. Wandered some more, got pralines at Evans Creole Candy Factory. My best friend says to skip Aunt Sally's and come here, it's better, and I agree. Picked up Juan's Flying Burrito for dinner, had some interesting and tasty pork & pineapple & mango salsa nachos. Finished out the evening by trying out the excellent aged Jameson's my friend had brought back from Ireland and whipping out the N64 to play Tetris and Mario Kart.

Got up and went for Sunday brunch at Dante's Kitchen. I got the corned beef hash and it was very very good, but I was glad for the seemingly small portion because it was very rich and filling. We had a round of mimosas made with freshly squeezed orange juice. Ahh.

It was a good trip but short...but I'll be back there before long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment